The CASp Examination Reference Guide developed by CalCASp Inc. is the only single source reference document available which includes all access laws, codes and regulations that are not bound by copyright protection in one comprehensive reference document.
Much of this information may be obtained on your own, but don’t spend the hours and hours of research and correlation of the CASp exam reference material when you can spend your time studying and preparing for the CASp exam! The CASp Examination Reference Guide includes extensive hyperlinks throughout the document that will portal you to the appropriate access laws or regulations within the CASp Examination Reference Guide and the appropriate governing agency web site for cross reference. The CASp Examination Guide includes over 3,000pages of reference material related to access laws, codes and regulations in a standard PDF format and includes full word search capability. This will aid in quickly finding related topics throughout the various reference laws and regulations speeding up your preparation for the CASp Exam.
The CASp Examination Reference Guide includes a helpful resources section that includes several accessibility related resources that are not listed in the DSA CASp examination preparation list. These resources are invaluable tools to aid in increasing your knowledge of access laws, codes and regulations.
The CASp certification covers over 13 different access laws, codes and regulations. The CASp Examination Reference Guide contains all of the recommended materials listed by DSA in the CASp examination preparation list. Click here to view at the DSA web site.
The CASp Examination Reference Guide includes:
- (ABA) Architectural Barriers Act of 1968, as amended (42 USC Section 4151 et seq)
- (ADA) Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 USC Chapter 126)
- Title II – Public Services
- Title III – Public Accommodations And Services Operated By Private Entities
- Title V – Miscellaneous Provisions
- (ADAAG) Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines
- *(ANSI A117.1) American National Standard for Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- *(CBSC) Regulations for accessibility throughout all parts of the current edition of the C.C.R., Title 24, California Building Standards Code
- (CGC) California Government Code
- Sections 4450 – 4459 and Sections 11135 – 11139
- (CHSC) California Health and Safety Code Sections 19952 – 19959
- (CCC) California Civil Code
- Sections 43-53 and Sections 55.51-55.54
- (FHAA) Fair Housing Amendments Act
- Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988 (42 USC Sections 3601–3620)
- Fair Housing Act Design Manual
- Fair Housing Accessibility Guideline
- Fair Housing Supplemental Notice Issued – June 28, 1994
- (FRA) The Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Section 504 and Section 508
- (HCD) California Department Of Housing And Community Development
- Voluntary Model Universal Design Local Ordinance (Section 17959 of the Health & Safety Code)
- New Home Universal Design Checklist (Section 17959.6 of the Health and Safety Code)
- (UFAS) Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS)
- Helpful Resources
- Senate Bill No. 1608
- (DSA) 2009 California Access Compliance Reference Manual
- (DSA) CASp Candidate Handbook
- *(CALDAG) California Disabled Accessibility Guidebook
- (CARM) California Accessibility Reference Manual
- (DSA) Academy Training Manual – Access Compliance
- (DOJ) Response to DSA for Certification of California Building Code
- (ADA/ABA) 2004 Americans with Disabilities Act and Architectural Barriers Act Accessibility Guidelines
- Accessible Public Rights-of-Way (PROWAAC)
- 2006 IBC/ADAAG Comparison
*These documents are bound by copyright protection. The CASp Examination Reference Guide includes information on how to obtain these reference documents.